Friday, July 31, 2009

Back off devil!!!

All I have to say is I am glad to be back sitting at my computer. You know they say when you are doing the Lord's work, the devil doesn't like it. I can honestly say that I have now experienced making the devil mad. This whole week has been such an emotional roller coaster for me and my family. My dad was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Long story short, he has an infection in his bloodstream they are treating with IV antibiotics. He also has a bad liver so this makes it even more serious. The devil knows right where to sucker punch me to get me off track with the soup kitchen...my family. I have said over and over this week that the devil better back off because I am mad and I am not going to put up with it but then I would just be right back where he wants me..discouraged, sad, worried, distracted, and stressed (just to name a few). Right now I am pretty good and just got off of the phone with dad's nurse and she said his temp was better and he was ok. Please pray that he continues to improve.

Now, on to the soup kitchen.... After I had the money donated it was time to get to business. How much food to order, where to order it from, etc. I did some calling around and got some prices and decided on a local company to supply the food. I also talked with the pastor from a local church and they wanted to donate all of the chips for the meal. He also said some ladies from his church had been talking about starting a clothes closet at their church. I told him I would like to have one as well so we discussed them possibly using our building for that too. I was very excited after speaking with him. We had talked about getting a sign for out in front of the building. This pastor told me that he had a member in his church that worked for a sign company and gave me his name and number. Another God thing!!

Tuesday, July 28, is the day we took my dad to the ER. I was in there with him until 5 a.m. and they decided to admit him. Right when I walked in the door after picking up Jaelyn that morning, my pastor calls me and asks me how much money I needed to finish buying everything for Monday. Seriously??? I don't even know what day it is at this point, much less about that. He told me that he was sitting in his office at the church and the phone rang. A lady across the street wanted to know about our youth mission trip and other things going on at the church. She told him she wasn't sure why she called the church because she actually had another person's number to call. She had a check for $800 that God was telling her to give to the church. She wanted some of it to go to the youth and some of it to help out people who have been affected by the current economic situation. Needless to say, I cried some more. When I called my mom, I told her that I didn't know if I could handle anymore of the emotional roller coaster we had been on. But, that it seemed like every time we were down, we would get some good news about the soup kitchen. I told her that was God's way of letting us know that even though things were tough right now, He is still in control and everything was going to be ok. I cried some more.

Fast forward to today, July 31. I picked up the first order of food for Twelve Baskets Full!!! 3 cases of hot dogs (300 hot dogs), 6 #10 cans of Pork & Beans, one case of individually wrapped mustard packs, and one case of individually wrapped ketchup. Total $105.48. Not too bad!! The good husband went to Sam's and got the cups, buns, foil, etc. We have had $400 donated so far and still have some left over!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!

Now you are pretty much caught up with everything that has been going on.

Tomorrow, if my dad is ok, me, my mom, and my daughter are going to pass out the fliers in the community to let people know about us. Actually our first flier recipient is my dad's tech at the hospital tonight. My dad asked him where he was from and where else would he be from but the city where the soup kitchen is located (Attalla). My mom gave him a flier and he said that he told her he would help anyway he could and hoped it went well.

Please keep my dad and our family in your prayers as well as the people we will come in contact with when we pass out the fliers. I can't believe it is only 3 days until we serve our first meal!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are right, Nelly, the devil is hot on your tracks. Why? Because he knows that you are about the Father's business and GREAT AND MIGHTY things are about to happen. If not, why would he bother? Remain strong in the Lord. He's not going to call you into this wonderful ministry only to leave you to fend for yourself. THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS. PERIOD. God's Hand is on you and your precious family. I love you, Friend and I'm here to help in any way I can.
    Psalms 116
    1 I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy. 2 He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him. 3 Death stared me in the face, hell was hard on my heels. Up against it, I didn't know which way to turn; 4 then I called out to God for help: "Please, God!" I cried out. "Save my life!" 5 God is gracious - it is he who makes things right, our most compassionate God. 6 God takes the side of the helpless; when I was at the end of my rope, he saved me. 7 I said to myself, "Relax and rest. God has showered you with blessings. 8 Soul, you've been rescued from death; Eye, you've been rescued from tears; And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling." 9 I'm striding in the presence of God, alive in the land of the living!
    10 I stayed faithful, though bedeviled, and despite a ton of bad luck, 11 Despite giving up on the human race, saying, "They're all liars and cheats." 12 What can I give back to God for the blessings he's poured out on me? 13 I'll lift high the cup of salvation - a toast to God! I'll pray in the name of God; 14 I'll complete what I promised God I'd do, and I'll do it together with his people. 15 When they arrive at the gates of death, God welcomes those who love him. 16 Oh, God, here I am, your servant, your faithful servant: set me free for your service! 17 I'm ready to offer the thanksgiving sacrifice and pray in the name of God. 18 I'll complete what I promised God I'd do, and I'll do it in company with his people, 19 In the place of worship, in God's house, in Jerusalem, God's city. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete


About Me

I am very blessed to be the wife of a wonderful, Godly man and the mom of a beautiful, fiesty, intelligent, little girl. In the last two years, God has really worked in my life and this blog is a way I hope to give Him praise and honor for the blessings I have received.