Sunday, July 26, 2009

What are we gonna do Aunnie???

At Love & Care, we in the "rubber room" have a saying that we use when something is crazy or when we don't know what to do. We got it from my good friend Gracie's little nephew. "What are we gonna do Aunnie?" That is what I have been saying since July 13.

After we looked at the building, now it was time to get down to business. The number one question on my mind as well as what everybody else was asking me was, "Where are you going to get the food from?" My answer - I don't know. I would tell them that two days ago I was trucking right along minding my own business when BAM....God decided he wanted me to do something different. I said He provided the building and He will provide the food. I would not be telling the truth though if I said I never wondered "What am I gonna do Aunnie!!!!" How many do we prepare for, what do we fix, where is this money going to come from, where am I going to get the food, who is going to help me, etc..... Whew!!! So much to think about. After a lot of thinking, we decided on hot dogs for the first meal. Quick, easy, and cheap. A case of hot dogs (100) = $16.90. After I found that out, I felt a lot better!!!

Now, on to when are we going to serve. I had to make sure I would have someone there to help me. My wonderful mom cleans houses and she is off on Mondays. So.....Mondays it is!! That way I know there will be at least one person there besides me :o). We decided to do each Monday in the month of August and see what kind of response we had and then worry about September.

Fast forward to Wednesday, July 22. I met with a wonderful lady at the EBA, Dianne Lowe, to see if she could give me any advice or contact names. When I came out of there, I had about 3 pages of notes: how to become incorporated, bylaws, benefits of being a 501 (c) 3, the possibility of being able to use World Hunger money, getting the church involved. WOW!!! "WHAT AM I GONNA DO AUNNIE!?!?!?!?" I told her I knew this journey would involve all of this eventually and I appreciated all of her help. She is a wonderful, Godly lady and I am lucky to call her my friend. After I got home, to say I was overwhelmed is a little bit of an understatement. I had also had something else come up about the building that worried me a little bit too. Was this the road block I had been waiting for?

I called my good friend Jamie and asked her if she would mind doing the WMU at church that night. I was not in the mood and just frustrated to be honest. I posted on my status on Facebook for people to remember me in prayer. Enter God.....that night I had someone to offer to buy the hot dogs for the first meal and a $100 donation!!!!!! I just cried. Isn't God great!! Even though you know He is, when you experience it first hand, there is no way to describe it! Now I was back on fire and ready to go. No more "What am I gonna do Aunnie?"

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you,Nelly.Have faith,don't be too haughty to ask for help and when all else fails,,,,,,ask Fred what to do.We are all praying and rooting for you,I'm here if you need a hand.

    ReplyDelete


About Me

I am very blessed to be the wife of a wonderful, Godly man and the mom of a beautiful, fiesty, intelligent, little girl. In the last two years, God has really worked in my life and this blog is a way I hope to give Him praise and honor for the blessings I have received.