Saturday, July 25, 2009

The day it all started

Monday, July 13, 2009, started off like any other day. Another day at Love & Care and paperwork. I got into a conversation with someone at work that I really don't talk to that often. For some reason, I kept sitting there. My husband, my daughter, and I have recently gotten back from a family mission trip to Indiana with our church and this person asked me how it went. I told her about my passion to feed people and one day have a soup kitchen. She told me that she had a friend in another city that wanted to do the same thing and a group let her use their building. I had never really thought about someone letting me just use their building. I immediately went back to the office and looked up this group's number in the phone book. I left a message for someone to call me back. It was around 4 p.m. so I figured I would not hear from them until the next day. Around 5:30, a man returns my call. I told him what I was interested in doing and wanted to see if they let people use their building. He said yes. I asked about rent or payment and he told me they would not charge me for feeding the homeless. WHAT!!!! I could not believe what I was hearing. From then on, every question I had, he had an answer: tables and chairs - yep and it will seat up to 600 people; kitchen - yep; bathrooms - yep. I was in shock!! I told him I was thinkng about doing maybe one day a week and then increase to more if needed. No problem. I thanked him so much for calling me back. He said the only reason he had gotten the message was because they were having a meeting there that night. I told him I would get back in touch with him.
WOW!!!! I immediately called my mom and my husband. They could not believe it either. Was this finally it? Was my dream about to become a reality??? I had to talk to my preacher first...

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

I am very blessed to be the wife of a wonderful, Godly man and the mom of a beautiful, fiesty, intelligent, little girl. In the last two years, God has really worked in my life and this blog is a way I hope to give Him praise and honor for the blessings I have received.