Saturday, August 1, 2009

2 days and counting..

My dad had a much better night last night and actually was able to sleep some. They say the hospital is the hardest place to rest and that is sooo true!!! He had a good day today. Please continue to remember him.

Since my dad is better, my mom, my daughter, and I went and passed out fliers about the soup kitchen. We covered a lot of ground and saw a lot of people. A lot of encouraging words were sent our way as well as people asking about volunteering. We also talked with a member of a church in the community and he said that it was great and that the need was there for something like this. We also had some people want some extra fliers to pass out at their church.

I will leave you with one other God thing. My mom and I have been trying to decide when we would be able to get to the building and clean off the chairs and get them set up. Time is running out you see.....Anyway, we went by the building to take some things there and when I opened the door, I just shook my head. Yep, you guessed it. Chairs were out and leaned up against the tables ready to be folded down.

Oh yeah, I also had $20 more dollars donated today!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your Dad is doing better. Hospital living will drive you insane. Still praying for him and all of you.

    I just love reading about how God is bringing everything together.

    It is so exciting!

    Love you, Friend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad has been very ill too, with a blood clot. I know the anxiety you must have been feeling. I'm glad he is doing better.

    ReplyDelete


About Me

I am very blessed to be the wife of a wonderful, Godly man and the mom of a beautiful, fiesty, intelligent, little girl. In the last two years, God has really worked in my life and this blog is a way I hope to give Him praise and honor for the blessings I have received.