Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Still being blessed...

I have got to get back in the swing of updating this thing!!! We went to Disney World last week and took our daughter for her first trip. I must say we all thoroughly enjoyed it!!

The soup kitchen served spaghetti and fed 22 people. The mayor of Attalla sent the Fire Chief to the building to see what all was going on. He said everything looked good to him and to keep on feeding. WHEW!!!!

Yesterday we served chili dogs. We had 25 come to the building and fixed about 15 to go plates so we served around 40. The numbers continue to increase week by week.

Some of you may already know but we are looking at serving on Saturdays as well as Mondays. No other organization feeds on Saturdays. We talked about possibly starting that after September. Tonight, I received a call from someone that works with a local youth group that has done a homeless project. She said they slept in cardboard boxes Saturday night and then got up and went to church on Sunday. I think that idea is awesome and love the reality of it!! Anyway, she told me they wanted to sponsor and work at a meal (on Saturday, of course) and had $350 to donate!!! She said there was another Sunday School class at her church that she thinks has around $200 they wanted to donate! God is SOOOO good!!!!!!! You would think by now I would not be amazed when people call me with this kind of information. Never will I not be amazed by the power and works of our God. He continues to surprise me and show me that He is in control. It helps me know that we are doing the right thing and that He is all up in our business =).

1 comment:

  1. I guess I missed this news because of the funeral. This is awesome =)

    ReplyDelete


About Me

I am very blessed to be the wife of a wonderful, Godly man and the mom of a beautiful, fiesty, intelligent, little girl. In the last two years, God has really worked in my life and this blog is a way I hope to give Him praise and honor for the blessings I have received.