Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Meal one

We did it!! We served our first meal on Monday and loved it!!! We had a family of 5 adults and two small children come to eat. They were very thankful and said they would be back next week and tell everybody they knew about it. We had about 15 church members (not including their children) come to help. We sent 3 groups of 2 out to the neighborhood next door, the projects, and around town to pass out hot dogs and more fliers. What a great response we had!! One group had to come back for more hot dogs!! I also had the opportunity to give food to a homeless man by the interstate. This type of ministry is so close to my heart....I can't believe God has given me the chance to do this.

We had some people tell us they would love to come but they don't have any way to get there. Please be in prayer for a door somewhere to open up that would allow us to pick people up and take them back home. We already have one idea but just be in prayer for that.

While we were giving out food, the Attalla Housing Authority called me and said they had received a flier and they would put our information in their newsletter and pass out more fliers. I also had a woman call me Monday night and tell me that she had missed today's meal but would she still be eligible to come next week. I told her everyone was welcome and to come on!!!

God continues to open doors...a lady called me on Tuesday that is the director of the jail ministries here in town and also works at a local clothes closet. She told me if I would bring some fliers to her, she would be glad to pass them out to the people that came to her place. We also had some more money donated today but I do no know how much yet.

Continue to be in prayer for us. Next week's menu consist of smoked butts, homemade BBQ sauce, slaw, beans, and a dessert. YUM!!!

3 comments:

  1. God is amazing! Can't wait to see what He does next =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you something on my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Gracie invited us to link over here and check out your blog. Looks good. If you get a chance, please visit my blog, Family Fountain. I have articles and stories by and for families. I'll look forward to visiting again in the future.

    ReplyDelete


About Me

I am very blessed to be the wife of a wonderful, Godly man and the mom of a beautiful, fiesty, intelligent, little girl. In the last two years, God has really worked in my life and this blog is a way I hope to give Him praise and honor for the blessings I have received.