Saturday, October 24, 2009

WOW!!!

Today at 12 Baskets, we had a local church sponsor the meal. This was our first Saturday meal and WOW was it a success!!!! We fed 50 people today!! The church cooked hot dogs on the grill, soup, and cornbread. The ladies of their church are also learning to crochet so they brought hats and berets for any women that might want them. They also had a lot of milk to hand out and Bibles. As if that wasn't enough, they raised a substantial amount of money for the soup kitchen and gave it to us today. I just stood back in amazement as I watched them scurry around to get things ready. It was kind of weird for me to not do anything because I am so used to working while I am there. Everything went smooth and we had a lot of new people and kids come in.

As I watched them today, I thought about how far this dream has come already. It is so overwhelming to see your dream come true.....If it wasn't for God, none of this would be possible. I am truly overwhelmed by it all.

Oh yeah....they also brought coats for us to hand out.... WOW!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

I am very blessed to be the wife of a wonderful, Godly man and the mom of a beautiful, fiesty, intelligent, little girl. In the last two years, God has really worked in my life and this blog is a way I hope to give Him praise and honor for the blessings I have received.